Go to SIMS Parent web page . This is a link to the SIMS Parent Portal. Reports are available here.
For Android and iPhone users there is also an App available – search for “SIMS Parent” on your device app store after registering on the website using the invitation emailed to you.
The new SIMS Parent App – easy access to important school information
Earlier in the year we communicated the change to a new school admin system, SIMS (School Information Management System). We have spent time transferring data and are in a position to start testing systems.
We now have a convenient new way to share information with you about your child’s school life. From today, you’ll be able to access our new parent portal via an App and the SIMS website. You will be able to access the system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
1. We will send you an activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (This may appear to come from Diocesan School for Girls) Simply click on the link inside the email from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
2. You can then login by associating your existing Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password with the Parent App.
3. From your smartphone or tablet, download the App from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS Parent.
4. From a PC or Windows phone, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk
Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else.
– If you require an additional login, please contact the school.
– If you did not receive the activation email please contact the school.
– Your activation email will expire after 14 days if it is not used. Please contact the school if you require a replacement after this date.
Checking your contact details using the SIMS Parent app
Once you have loaded the App, check the Data Collection section and the Contact Details section, to ensure that we have the correct details on record for your child and yourself. Specifically we request that you:
– Select the “Primary” email and telephone method on the Emails and Telephones tab. All future communications will be to the primary method you select here.
– Ensure that you are checked for “Parental Responsibility” and Priority=1 on the Contact Information tab, please to ensure that we communicate with you.
Parents and guardians will need to sign in to the Parent App individually to configure separate contact details for themselves.
If there are any changes to your details, Please submit these changes using the functionality within the App. If you have more than one child in the school, you only need to update your contact details once.
Issuing end-of-term Reports
At the end of this term on 11th December 2017, the Semester 2 reports for Prep will be issued through the new Parent App. These can be accessed using the Reports section under your child’s name.
What can you do with the SIMS Parent App?
– Access and update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
– Access your child’s school report and report history
– Receive notifications to remind you about important information and key dates for your diary
– View information such as timetable, attendance and achievements
– Access the school term dates and contact details at the click of a button
– From January 2018, view extra-curricular activities information and messages
– If you have more than one child at school, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same App. (Note, only Prep students are currently enrolled. SAC and DSG students will be available from January 2018.)
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress in real time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the school have access to my Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or Microsoft account?
No, the Parent App only makes use of your login credentials to authenticate you as a user of the Parent App.
What if I don’t have an existing Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or Microsoft account?
If you do not have an existing Facebook, Google or Twitter account you can create one linked to an existing email address. Note that some company email addresses may not work.
– Creating a Google Account Instructions for how to set up a Google Account are available directly from Google, please click https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?hl=en
– Creating a Microsoft Account Instructions for how to set up a Microsoft Account are available directly from Microsoft, please click https://signup.live.com/?uaid=cfa977956315431d9675c6518f7bb370&lic=1
What happens if I forget my password?
All password management is outsourced to the account you registered with. For example, if you registered with your Gmail account, then you will reset your password using Gmail’s account management procedures.
I am not receiving emails from the school?
Many email systems are now starting to flag school communications as spam or junk. Please check that your email account has whitelisted/trusted the following addresses:
– any emails from the saprepschool.com domain
– SAC DSG PREP Communications: 7039339@Capita-Intouch.co.uk
What data is stored and processed by the SIMS Parent App service?
For a full statement of the data privacy and processing please read the SIMS Parent Privacy Statement online http://simspublications.com/876223/assets/sims_parent_privacy_statement.pdf
Where can I get help?
Online help is available at the following web link: http://simspublications.com/355799/index.html