St Andrew’s College Travel Office

St Andrew’s College runs a Travel Office for all pupils at St Andrew’s College, Prep and DSG. Ann Bryan is the Travel Co-ordinator and should be the first contact for all travel information (including appropriate flight times) beyond the actual booking and payment for flights.

Ann’s most important function is to ensure all children needing flights at beginning and end of term have their air tickets and necessary ID documents and are on a road transfer bus/taxi list to and from Port Elizabeth Airport in line with their flight bookings. She also books all taxis and coaches for this travel as required.

  • Open during the school term Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 16h30
  • Travel Office telephone no: 046 603 2317
  • Travel Office email:
  • In case of travel emergency: Travel Office cell no: 083 275 2218

Pupils at St Andrew’s College, Prep and DSG, who are not South African citizens or Permanent Residents, must obtain a study permit from the South African Embassy/High Commission in their country of residence before starting at school here. Renewals should, preferably, be done at home or we will give you the details of a Migration Broker in Cape Town who will do the renewal on your behalf for a fee. The renewal may also be done through Home Affairs in Port Elizabeth but the child has to be present when the application is submitted and all the paperwork needs to be in order. He/she will be taken to Home Affairs by JC shuttle whose driver will remain with the child during the process and bring them back to school immediately afterwards.

Please check the study permit renewal date regularly. We will endeavour to notify you if we notice that a Study Permit or Passport is due to expire but responsibility lies with the parents. To get a study permit valid for 3 years, the passport must be valid beyond the 3 years by at least one extra month. Parents should contact their local SA High Commission or Embassy well in advance to see if they will be able to get the renewal completed locally. If it is not possible to do the renewal locally, the Migration Broker also needs notice in advance, though the actual renewal process may only be able to start about 60 days before expiry of the current study permit. The child must be in South Africa if the renewal is to be done in SA or at home if the renewal is to be done there.

We are happy to help pupils fill in South African passport application forms and applications for a first ID book and we take them to the local Home Affairs office in Grahamstown where these documents may be obtained.

Ann Bryan
Travel Co-ordinator